How to change your Facebook password. If you are using Facebook on your mobile, desktop, or laptop, then there is one thing that you need to know. How to change your password on Facebook? There could be several reasons why you want to change the password of your Facebook account. Maybe you’ve forgotten the password or someone else can read it from your primary account, which is why you might need to change it for security reasons.
Whether you have forgotten your password or just want a new one, here is how to change your password on Facebook easily! Changing your password on Facebook will make your profile more secure and safe from unwanted viewers.
This article will help you learn how to change your password on Facebook quickly and easily. Let’s get started by exploring how to change a password on Facebook step by step.
How to Change Your Facebook Password on PC
1. Open your preferred web browser and log into your Facebook account. And click the “Account” icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
2. A menu will appear on your screen; click “settings and privacy”, then “settings”.
3. Once you’re at the General account settings page, click on ” Security and login”. You can find it on the left sidebar of your screen.
4. Under the “security and login” page, scroll down to the Login section and click “Edit” next to the “change password” option.
5. Type in your “current password” in the text box, then type your new password and re-type it again.
6. Click “Save changes” to save your new password. Make sure you save your password somewhere safe in case you forget it shortly.
How to Change Your Facebook Password on Android
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change your Facebook password using Android.
1. Open your Facebook app on your Android phone and tap the hamburger menu at the top right corner of your screen.
2. At the menu option, scroll down and tap on the “settings & privacy” option, then “settings.”
3. Under the Security section, tap “Security & login”. This will open up a new sub-menu with your security option.
4. Under Login, tap “Change password.”
5. On the change password page, enter your current password, now type your new password, and re-type your new password again to confirm it.
How to Change Your Facebook Password on Your iPhone
If you’re an iPhone user, follow these simple steps to change your Facebook password.
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone and tap the hamburger menu at the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Once done, tap “settings & privacy” and then, “setting”.
3. Under the Security section, tap “Security & login”, then tap “change password” under the login section.
4. Enter your current password, then type your new password, and re-type your new password again to confirm.
5. Tap “Update Password” to save your new password.
What if You’ve Forgotten Your Password? Here is How to Reset It.
If you can’t log into your Facebook account because you forgot your password, the best option left for you is to reset your password. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Facebook password.
1. Open your web browser and go to facebook.com.
2. Once you’re at the login page, try logging into your account with your email address and your old password. Facebook will tell you you’ve entered the wrong password. Click on the “Forgot password” option.
3. Facebook will ask you how you want to reset your password. You can reset it via your Google account, email address, or phone number. Choose “send code via email” and click Continue.
4. Once you’ve received your security code, copy and paste it into the text box and click continue. Enter your new password and click Continue.
It’s important that you have a secure password for your account, and make sure you’re using numbers and letters, along with at least one symbol. A stronger password is more likely to keep hackers from getting into your account. Finally, try not to use any of the most commonly used passwords like 123456 or password. They are easy targets for hacking. If your Facebook account has been hacked, you can check out our guide on how to recover your Facebook account.
- Facebook Keeps Logging Me Out—Here’s How to Fix It
- Facebook Not Loading Pictures? How To Fix It
- How To Unlink Facebook And Instagram In Just 2 Minutes
- How to Go Live on Twitter: Step by Step
- How to Clear Cache on iPhone to Fix App Issues