How to change your steam username. Want to get rid of that annoying Steam username you’ve had for years? Or maybe you want to try something new and change the way your name looks on your Steam profile page. Whatever the case may be, this article is for you! If you’ve been using the same Steam username for years and you’re ready to make a change in your life, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll show you how to change your Steam username so you can build your own Steam account customizations.
Before we get started, you should be aware that your account name differs from other usernames on the Steam platform. The name of your Steam account is a name that you can’t change. Your Steam profile name is what your friends and other gamers see, and it’s editable.
What Is a Steam Profile Name?
When you create a Steam account, you’ll have two names: an account name and a profile name. The account name is only visible to you, and it’s the one you’ll use to log in to your Steam account.
Your profile name, on the other hand, is the name that will show up in the Steam community whether you play multiplayer games, write comments, or write reviews.
Can You Change Your Steam Account Name?
You can’t change the name of your Steam account. This is your account’s unique identity, which cannot be changed under any conditions. Although the exact reason is unknown, the T&Cs of steam make it plain that it cannot be changed.
How to Change Your Steam Username
It’s not difficult to change your Steam username. Thankfully, there are no limitations on how many times you can change. That implies, unlike on some other sites, your display name isn’t permanent.
Follow these simple steps to change your Steam username.
1. Open the Steam application on your Mac or PC
2. Hover the mouse over your username. It’s at the top right of the menu bar.
3. From the drop-down menu, click View Profile.
4. Click on the Edit Profile button located to the right.
5. Change the name on your profile to your preferred name.
6. After that, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save.”
Your new profile name will now appear on your profile page as well as in any online games you play. This will not, however, change your Steam account name; you will continue to use the same account name as before.
- How To Change Your Username On TikTok
- How to Change Privacy Settings on Twitter
- How To Reactivate Snapchat Account: 5 Easy Steps
- How To Change Fonts On Instagram
- How to Delete a Telegram Account
- How to Delete Reddit Account