How to change your username on TikTok. The app gives you a unique username when you first sign up, and it’s probably the major reason why most users on the app change their usernames at first, typically to match their other social media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others. Or maybe the name you initially picked isn’t quite suited for the type of content you’ll be posting.
If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll go over everything you need to know about changing your TikTok username in this article.
NOTE: Your TikTok username can only be changed once every 30 days, and it must be unique. A username cannot be shared by two users. Your username can only contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores. Your TikTok URL will change if you change your username.
Choosing the Right Username for Tiktok
It’s not simple to come up with a good TikTok username. It must be unique, include some personal style, and not upset your fans.
Here are some ideas on how to pick a good TikTok name:
1. Use a unique user name.
2. Make a choice that reflects your personality.
3. Make sure the username is not all that long or hard to remember.
How to change your username on TikTok Android App
1. Launch the TikTok app and sign in to your TikTok account.
2. Select Profile from the main menu, which is at the right corner of the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the Edit Profile button.
4. Select Username.
5. Delete your previous username and enter a new one.
6. Finally, press the Save button.
Your username will change immediately once this is completed.
How to Change Your TikTok Username on PC
You might not be aware of this if you’re new to the app. TikTok is a mobile app that you can only use on your phone. There isn’t a desktop version.
You can install TikTok on your PC using an emulator called BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an Android emulator that allows you to use your computer as an Android device.
When the BlueStack is installed, you can then download the Tiktok app and log in with your account details. It’s worth noting that you might not be able to create and upload videos. However, you may use the app to keep track of what others are posting.
How to Install BlueStacks and TikTok
1. Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
2. When done, open the app and go to the App Center.
3. Sign in using your Google account.
4. Search for “TikTok” in the search area.
5. Click on the application and press “Install.”
6. Click “Accept” on the popup to allow Tiktok to take pictures and record videos.
How to Change Your Username on TikTok Using the BlueStack Emulator
1. Open BlueStacks and navigate to your apps.
2. Select TikTok by double-clicking it.
3. Log into your account using your login details.
4. From the main menu, select Profile.
5. Click the Edit Profile button.
6. Click on the username.
7. Delete your previous username and enter a new one.
8. Click “Save.”
Before you change your username, there are a few more things to consider. First and foremost, you can only change your username once every 30 days, so make sure it’s something you can cope with for that time frame. Also, changing your username will result in a change to your TikTok URL. As a result, anyone trying to access your account using the old address will be unable to do so.
- How To Reactivate Snapchat Account: 5 Easy Steps
- Facebook Not Loading Pictures? How To Fix It
- How To Change Fonts On Instagram
- How To Unlink Facebook And Instagram