How to clear cache on iPhone. In this digital age, it’s common to have multiple apps running at any given time. Users can download almost anything from an app store, from social media to news and resource apps. With so many different programs active on a device at one time, storage space can become a concern over time. That’s why clearing the iPhone cache is essential for every user. An iPhone cache is a temporary memory location that various applications use to quickly access data such as images, videos, or other files.
However, the iPhone cache can also take up storage space over time if it isn’t regularly cleaned. If you need help learning how to clear the cache on your iPhone, continue reading to get the information you need.
What is cache?
A cache is a temporary storage on your phone that keeps copies of information that is likely to be needed shortly so that it can be accessed more quickly. For example, a copy of the web page you visit on your phone may be saved in the cache memory of the device. Then, instead of waiting for the page to load from the Internet once more, it can be quickly shown from the cache when that page is requested again. Clearing the cache on an iPhone is relatively simple.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone: Clear Safari Cache
If your browser isn’t working properly, the best solution is to clear your browser cache. Even though the data in your cache is small, it accumulates over time and slows down your device. You should note that when you clear the Safari cache on your iPhone, all of the files, photos, and passwords from recently visited websites will be deleted, which means you’ll be logged out of any website you’ve logged into. It is very easy to clear the cache in Safari. Here’s how to do it.
1. Open the Settings app and scroll down until you find Safari, then tap it.
2. Once in the safari settings, scroll down through the settings until you find the option, “Clear History and Website Data,” then tap it.
3. Finally, a pop-up message will appear on your screen, warning you that clearing your cache will remove history, cookies, and other browsing data. Tap on “Clear History and Data.” to confirm it.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone: Clear App Cache
To get rid of the cache of your iPhone app, you’ll need to offload it. Doing this frees up storage space while still keeping documents and data. Once you have offloaded an app, you can reinstall the app and your previous data will be restored. Follow the steps below to know how to do this.
1. Open the Settings app, locate the “General” option, then tap it.
2. Once in the general settings, tap on “iPhone Storage.”
3. Now scroll down to the list of apps, and tap on the app you’d like to remove.
4. Once on the app’s page, tap the “Offload App” option.
5. You’ll get a pop-up message informing you that the app will be deleted, but its documents and data will be kept. To finalize the process, tap “Offload App” again.
If you no longer need the app, you can alternately delete it. Note that once you delete the app, all data will be permanently deleted and the files will be gone forever. To delete the app, go back to Step 4, and instead of “Offload app”, tap the “Delete App” option.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone: Clear Chrome Cache
Another well-known browser for iPhone users is Chrome. When you start experiencing slowdowns with your Chrome browser, the best way to resolve this is to clear the app cache. Clearing the cache of your Chrome can be done through your browser settings. Here’s how to do it.
1. On your iPhone, open the Chrome app and tap the three-dot at the bottom right of your screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Under Settings, select Privacy.
4. Once on the privacy page, tap the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
5. Select your desired time range (from the last hour to all-time).
6. Once you’ve selected the time range, make sure that Cookies and Site Data, Cached Images, and Files are checked, then tap “Clear Browsing Data”.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Should I Clear My Cache Regularly?
The short answer is yes. You should always try to clear your device’s cache if possible. The long answer is that clearing the device’s cache can be beneficial if you are experiencing performance issues with the app or game that has been installed on your device. Clearing the device’s cache also offers a quick fix for some app crashes.
Q. What Happens if I Clear the Cache on My iPhone?
The cache stores data, so when you clear the cache, it will delete all the temporary files that are stored on your device. Clearing the cache is easy: follow any of the above steps to do that.
- How to Clear Cookies on Android
- How to Change Your Facebook Password
- Spotify Logged Me Out: 7 Ways to Fix It
- How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account