How to connect AirPods to PS4. Apple AirPods is an efficient and easy wireless audio solution that works with a wide range of Bluetooth-enabled devices. Unfortunately, there is an issue when trying to connect them to your PlayStation 4. Because the console doesn’t support Bluetooth audio out of the box, pairing AirPods with it isn’t as simple as you might think.
Fortunately, there are third-party devices that can let you connect the two. This article will take you through the steps.
What You Need to Connect AirPods to PS4
The PS4 does not support Bluetooth audio out of the box. That means you can’t use AirPods or any other Bluetooth headphones with it without using additional devices. If you attach AirPods to the PS4 without an adapter, the PS4 will recognize them and walk you through all of the pairing procedures, only to have the process fail at the very end. which is so disappointing!
You can get around this by purchasing a PS4 Bluetooth adaptor that supports Bluetooth audio and plugging it into the console.
How to Connect Airpods to Ps4
To connect your AirPods to your PlayStation 4, follow these steps:
1. Connect your Bluetooth adaptor to your PlayStation 4 and set it to pairing mode.
2. Press and hold the sync button while your AirPods case is open (With your AirPods in their case).
3. Hold the button down until the Bluetooth adapter’s lights stop blinking. This indicates that the AirPods have been paired to the adapter.
4. Check the settings on your PS4 to ensure that your PS4 is being sent to your AirPods. Go to Devices > Audio Devices in Settings.
5. On the Audio Devices screens, there are two key settings to change:
- Output Device: Set to Headphones Connected to Controller
- Output to Headphones: Set to All Audio.
In the Volume Control (Headphones) menu, you can also adjust the volume of audio sent from the PS4 to your AirPods.
6. After that, all PS4 audio will play through your AirPods.
Can You Chat With Other Players Using Airpods?
No, is the short answer. Despite the fact that AirPods have a microphone, you can’t chat with other gamers while playing. Because most Bluetooth adapters only deliver audio from your PS4 to your headphones and not the other way around, in this case. You’ll need headphones created solely for the PS4.
- How to Block a Contact on Whatsapp Easily in 2022
- How to Connect Airpods to Android
- How To Sync An Xbox One Controller With Your Console