Here’s how to delete a Telegram account and remove your Telegram messages.
Telegram is a freeware, cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging platform. The platform provides end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing, and several other features. It was launched in 2013, and it now has over 500 million monthly active users.
However, before you start deleting your Telegram account, you should be aware that once you delete your account, there is no going back. All of your chat messages, including secret chats, groups, media, and more, will be lost when you delete your Telegram account. We recommend that you save all of your crucial files and messages before starting this process. So, here are step-by-step guidelines on how to delete a Telegram account.
How to Delete a Telegram Account on a PC
The regular deletion of a Telegram account takes some months. However, since users can’t wait that long, telegram has left an emergency exit. Follow the steps below to delete your Telegram account on the PC without waiting too long.
1. Go to the ‘Telegram Deactivation’ page.
2. Fill in your Telegram account’s phone number. Also, remember to provide the country code before the phone number. And click the “Next” button.
3. Open your Telegram app, where you should see a message with a code.
4. Enter the code in the required space on the site to sign in to your Telegram account.
5. Select the “Delete Account option” from the “Telegram Core” section. You will also be prompted to give a reason for your telegram account’s deletion.
6. Lastly, click “Delete My Account.” The app will ask if you are sure you want to continue. Click “Yes” and the process is completed.
All of your data, messages, groups, and media will be permanently deleted from Telegram’s servers after you complete this step.
How to Delete a Telegram Account on an Android Device.
1. On Android, open Telegram and go to Settings.
2. Select the Privacy and Security option.
3. To automatically delete your account, scroll down to the “If Away For” section.
4. Choose the time frame after which your Telegram account will be permanently deleted. You can choose from 1, 3, 6, and 12 months. (By default, Telegram is set to 6 months.)
Note: If your Telegram account remains idle for the specified time frame, Telegram will permanently delete your account along with messages and contacts.
How to Delete a Telegram Account on an iPhone Device.
The methods for permanently deleting a Telegram account on an iPhone are very similar to those on an Android phone. Start by deactivating your account. steps to delete your Telegram account on your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, open Telegram and navigate to Settings.
2. Select Privacy and Security.
3. Find the “If Away For” option.
4. Choose an amount of time from the drop-down menu.
If your Telegram account remains idle over a period of 1 to 12 months, it will be deleted, along with all of your messages and contacts.
Telegram is a great messaging platform that works across many platforms. If you’ve made the decision to stop using Telegram, the following steps mentioned above will help you delete your account without facing any issues.
There are a few Telegram alternatives you might try if you’re still seeking a new place for your online chats.
- How to Change Privacy Settings on Twitter
- How To Reactivate Snapchat Account: 5 Easy Steps
- How To Change Your Username On TikTok
- How To Change Fonts On Instagram
- How To Change IP Address On Android