How to delete apps on Apple TV. There are many reasons why you might just want to delete apps from your Apple TV. Perhaps an app on your Apple TV home screen that you never use is taking up space. Perhaps you added the wrong app by mistake and don’t want it to clutter up your home screen. Whatever the case, you can delete apps from your Apple TV with ease.
How to Delete Apps on Apple TV From the Home Screen
The most straightforward way to delete an app from Apple TV is to do it from the main Home screen.
1. To get started, go to your Home screen.
2. With your remote, highlight the app you want to delete.
3. Press and hold the touchpad on your Apple TV remote until the app you selected begins to shake.
4. Click the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote for more options.
5. Select the Delete option from the pop-up menu that appears on your screen.
6. Confirm the deletion by pressing Delete again.
When you delete an app, you also delete its data. Any app you’ve purchased on the App Store can be downloaded again, but the data may not be restored.
How to Delete Apps on Apple TV From Settings
Apart from deleting apps from the main Home screen, you can also delete apps from the Settings on your Apple TV. To delete apps from the settings and free up some space, follow these steps.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click “General.”
3. Find Manage Storage and click on it.
4. Scroll through the apps till you find the one you want to delete, and then click on the trash icon.
5. Click Delete from the menu that appears.
You have successfully deleted your unwanted app from your Apple TV. Apps will be deleted from any other Apple TVs that use your iCloud home screen. Additionally, all data will be permanently deleted.
How to Hide Apps on Apple TV
You can hide an app in a folder if you want to keep it but not see it on your home screen. You can do this from the same menu that you use to delete an app from the Home screen, but this time you select New Folder.
Only Apple TVs from the second or third generation can hide apps. To do so, go to the Settings app and then to the Main Menu. Select the apps from the list and then Hide. You can also unhide an app from the home screen using the same menu.
- How to Delete Your Steam Account
- How to Copy Your Instagram Profile Link in 4 Simple Steps
- How to Clean a Motherboard in 5 Simple Steps
- How to Connect Airpods to Ps4 in Less Than 5 Minutes