How to delete Netflix account. Netflix is the leading video-on-demand service, but that doesn’t mean everyone will love it. It’s not uncommon for people to try out new services like Netflix and decide they don’t want to keep using it. Maybe you only signed up because your friend gave you a free trial, or maybe you just aren’t interested in keeping the service anymore. Whatever the reason may be, if you no longer want to use your Netflix account, here are the steps for deleting your Netflix account.
How to Delete Your Netflix Account
To delete your Netflix account, you must first cancel your current subscription before moving on. After doing this, Netflix will keep your data in its records for the next 10 months. Your account will be instantly deleted after that. However, if you want to delete your account immediately, it is possible to do that.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on a Desktop
Follow these simple steps to cancel your Netflix subscription.
1. Open the web browser on your computer, and sign in to your Netflix account.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select “Account” from the drop-down menu that appears on your screen.
4. Next, click “Cancel Membership” under Membership & Billing.
5. Click the “Finish cancellation” button to complete the cancellation process.
Your Netflix account will be canceled at the end of the current billing period, and your data will be deleted automatically after 10 months.
However, if you choose to restart your Netflix account within 10 months after the cancellation, your profiles, favorites, viewing preferences, and account details will still be waiting for you.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on a Phone
Unfortunately, you cannot cancel your Netflix subscription straight from the mobile app, but you can cancel it using the web browser on your mobile phone. To do that
1. On your smartphone, open your web browser and log in to your Netflix account.
2. Next, click on the menu option in the top left corner of your screen.
3. From the drop-down menu that appears, select “Account”.
4. Scroll down and click “Cancel Membership.”
5. Click “Finish cancellation” to complete the cancellation process.
Your Netflix account will be canceled at the end of the current billing period, and your data will be automatically deleted after 10 months, just like canceling a Netflix subscription on a desktop.
If you choose to restart your Netflix account within 10 months after the cancellation, you will still be able to access your profiles, favorites, and viewing preferences.
How to Contact Netflix Support for Early Deletion
If you can’t wait for 10 months and want to delete your account immediately, contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your Netflix account email address.
- Snapchat Not Loading Snaps: 8 Ways to Fix It
- How to Stream Netflix on Discord
- How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages
- How to Help Protect Your Business From Cyberattack