How to delete your steam account. You’ve probably heard about Steam if you’ve been a long-time member of the online gaming community. Indeed, it’s become one of the most popular gaming sites available today in many ways. At the time of this writing, Steam has over 120 million registered users, and its user base continues to increase by leaps and bounds every day. However, as with anything, there are certain drawbacks to using the platform.
If you believe your privacy has been compromised or you simply no longer wish to use the platform for whatever reason, knowing how to delete your Steam account is an important first step toward completely removing yourself from their system with the least amount of effort.
Can I Deactivate My Steam Account Instead?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to deactivate your Steam account. You can’t deactivate your Steam account because there isn’t an option to do so. The decision to delete your Steam account is final and irreversible. If you’re unsure about quitting Steam, we recommend taking a step back and reconsidering your decision.
How to Delete Your Steam Account: Step by Step
Remember that deleting your Steam account is irreversible. You have 30 days to change your decision after submitting a deletion request, but after that period of time, you will lose your account permanently. As a result, we would advise you to think again before proceeding.
Once you’ve decided to permanently delete your Steam account, follow these steps.
1. Open your preferred web browser and log in to your Steam account.
2. On the top right corner of the screen, click on your profile name.
3. Next, choose “Account details” from the drop-down menu.
4. The screen will now display your account details. Next, scroll down until you see “Delete my Steam account” and click on it.
5. Steam will now walk you through the full deletion process, as well as a few FAQs that you can read if you want. When you’re sure you want to delete your account, click “Proceed to account deletion.”
6. You’ll now be provided with a form that you must complete in order for Steam to verify that you are the account’s legitimate owner. Now, fill out the form completely and click the “Send” button.
7. Following the submission of your account deletion request, a member of Steam Support will contact you to discuss the next steps in the account deletion process.
8. If your deletion request is approved, your account will be active for 30 days (although you won’t be able to make purchases) in case you change your mind. You’ll get an email on the 30th day informing you that your account is about to be deleted. Your account will be permanently deleted on the 31st day.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Steam Account Deletion
Q. How Do I Cancel My Account Deletion?
Within 30 days of your request, you can cancel the account deletion. Log into your Steam account and click the “cancel” button on the red notification at the top of the page.
Q. Can I Regain Access to My Account Once It Has Been Deleted?
Sorry, once Steam support has deleted your account, neither it nor any information associated with it can be recovered.
Q. Will I Receive Any Refunds?
Any purchases made on your account will not be instantly refunded if you delete your account. Before you delete your account, you can use the Help Site to request refunds on qualifying purchases.
Q. Can I Re-use My Account Name?
Regardless of whether an account has been deleted, account names are unique and can only be used once. Other accounts can freely use email addresses, profile names, and payment methods.
Q. Can Someone Else Delete My Account?
Due to the fact that deleted accounts cannot be recovered, Steam Support will request extensive Proof of Ownership during the account’s review. After the review is completed, Steam Support will put the account on hold for 30 days before deleting it. During that time, log into your Steam account, view the red notification at the top of the screen, and click the “cancel” button to stop the account deletion. Send a new help request to Steam Support if you’re having trouble logging into your Steam account.
Depending on the reason why you want to delete your Steam account, this step-by-step tutorial will help you get it done. However, bear in mind that you will never be able to retrieve your deleted Steam account, so be sure you understand what you’re doing. Do you have any additional questions? Please leave your question in the comments section below.
- How to Change Your Steam Username: 6 Easy Steps
- How to Copy Your Instagram Profile Link in 4 Simple Steps
- How to Clean a Motherboard in 5 Simple Steps
- How to Connect AirPods to PS4
- How to Block a Contact on Whatsapp Easily in 2022