How to stream Netflix on discord. Did you know that Discord users spend an average of 280.6 minutes on the app every month? That’s a lot of time. And it’s not surprising because Discord is one of the best platforms for gamers right now. It helps gamers connect with their friends and discuss game strategies before launching new game sessions as well as after finishing playthroughs.
With so many streamers, gamers, and content creators using Discord to connect and collaborate, it stands to reason that some of them would take advantage of the opportunity to stream on the platform and invite their followers to join them there. If you want to do just that, keep reading and learn how to stream Netflix on Discord!
How to Stream Netflix on Discord from a PC
If you’re far away from your friends but still want to watch something together, you can communicate while doing so by streaming Netflix using Discord. Here’s how to stream Netflix on a Mac or Windows PC if you’re using Discord:
1. On your PC, open a web browser and go to the Netflix website.
2. Open “Discord” and make sure it’s joined to a server.
3. Click on “Settings” (the gear icon) beside your username in the lower-left corner.
4. Next, scroll down and select “Activity Status” from the left sidebar.
5. Click the Add it button under the notice “No game detected.”
6. Select your browser running Netflix from the dropdown menu.
7. Next, click the “Add Game” button.
8. You will see Netflix playing on the main page. Click the Escape button on the top-right of the screen.
9. Click on the “Stream icon” to open the Screen Share settings window.
10. Select the “browser tab” you want to stream in the “Screen Share” window.
11. Next, adjust the streaming settings (frame rate, channel, and resolution).
12. To start streaming Netflix, click “Go Live.”
The Netflix stream you created is available to everyone who has access to your channel.
How to Stream Netflix on Discord Using a Mobile Device
I am sorry to inform you that Netflix cannot be streamed on Discord Mobile. You will not be able to stream TV shows or movies from platforms like Netflix, Disney Hotstar, or HBO Max due to Digital Right Management (DRM) restrictions.
However, you can always use it to make voice and video calls. You’ll need to sign in or create a new account after installing Discord on your phone in order to communicate with your friends.
It’s as simple as creating a public or private server and inviting your friends to join. Public groups are very interesting if you want to meet new people and learn new gaming strategies.
How to Stream Netflix on Discord Without a Black Screen
A black screen is one of the most frustrating problems when streaming Netflix on Discord. If you sometimes encounter these annoying problems, there are many ways to try to fix this issue.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Use the steps below to disable hardware acceleration in Discord:
1. Open the Discord desktop app and open Settings.
2. Click “Advanced” on the left-hand side of your screen.
3. Under the Advanced section, turn off the Hardware Acceleration switch.
4. A pop-up will appear on your screen. Click the Okay button. Note: After clicking “Okay,” Discord will relaunch.
Disable Acceleration On Your Browser
Hardware acceleration is one of the most frequent causes of the Netflix black screen on Discord. It is advised to turn off hardware acceleration in your browser if it is enabled in order to resolve the black screen problem.
There are various ways to disable hardware acceleration depending on the browser you’re using. Here we’ll show you how to disable hardware acceleration using the Google Chrome browser.
1. Open Google Chrome on your computer, click on the three dots at the top right corner, and select Settings from the menu list.
2. Next, click on the Advanced option to expand the settings menu.
3. To configure hardware acceleration, click on System under Advanced Settings.
4. Disable the toggle for Use hardware acceleration when available.
5. To apply the changes, relaunch Google Chrome.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I Stream Netflix on Discord From Mobile?
No, a mobile device can not stream Netflix through Discord. Due to DRM limitations, Netflix Mobile does not support screen-sharing.
Q. Is It Legal to Stream Netflix on Discord?
No, streaming Netflix on Discord is not legal. Netflix does not permit the sharing of its content. Although we do not support this action, you can try this at your own risk.
Q. Why is My Screen Black While Streaming Netflix on Discord?
One of the most common problems is getting a black screen while streaming Netflix on Discord. The Netflix black screen issue can be resolved by turning off hardware acceleration in your discord app or web browser. The step-by-step guide to solving this can be found above.
We hope that this article helped you to stream Netflix on Discord for a watch party or other purposes. Using one of the troubleshooting methods should get you back online if you experience a black screen. We answered the most frequently asked questions you might have. Please let us know if you have any other questions by leaving a comment.
- How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages
- How to Enable Dark Mode in Snapchat
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail
- How to Delete Apps on Apple TV
- How to Delete Your Steam Account