How to use google docs offline. Google Docs is well-known for allowing you to create online documents that you can edit and share. Did you know you can use the service even when you’re not connected to the internet? You can always get the work done if you don’t have internet access and need to edit a document. Google Docs is available for both cell phones and computers and works offline.
How to Use Google Docs Offline
Using Google Docs Offline on Smartphones
On a smartphone, the procedure of using Google Docs offline is way easier. Follow the steps below.
2. Open Google Docs when it has been installed, tap the hamburger button, and then click Settings.
3. Next, enable “Make recent files available offline.”
4. To keep an offline copy of a specific document, tap the three-dots icon next to it and select Make available offline. Right next to the file, you’ll see a circle with a checkmark inside it. This means your file is now accessible offline.
Using Google Docs Offline on a Computer
You’ll need Google Chrome and a Chrome extension to use Google Docs offline on your PC. To get started, follow these simple steps.
1. Download Google Chrome on your computer if you don’t have it.
2. Go to the Chrome Webstore and download the Google Docs Offline extension.
3. Open Google Docs in a new tab after adding the extension to Google Chrome.
4. Click the hamburger button on the main page, then navigate to Settings > Enable Offline.
5. You will be able to access your documents offline after turning off your internet and opening Google Docs on Chrome.
6. To make an offline copy of a document, click the three-dots icon next to it and select Available offline.
These are the two options for working on Google Docs without access to the internet. You can edit and save files without fear of losing them if you do it this way. Once you’re connected to the internet, your data will be stored in the cloud automatically.
- Google Search Dark Mode: How To Enable The Dark Mode Feature
- How To Change IP Address On Android
- How To Sync An Xbox One Controller With Your Console